Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sleep,Sleep,Sleep.....


HAYDYN HAYDYN HAYDYN!!!!!! I love her to death and just want to squeeze her but she doesn't sleep!!!!! I have a dear friend from church that told me I just need to let her cry it out. Well easier said than done....so starting Sunday we have been doing this and let me tell you its BREAKING my heart!! I know in the end she will have a happier mom and I will have a happier baby, but this is hard. On Sunday she cried for only 10 minutes and slept for 40 and than up again and I let her cry and she went back to sleep for another hour. She woke up so happy and we got to eat dinner without a fussy baby. Sunday evening we put her down at 7:00 she goes down the same time no matter what for bed and has been getting up around 1:00, but according to my pediatrician she should be sleeping past that and not waking up until between 3-5 a.m. Especially that she doesn't sleep at all during the day!! So....midnight rolls around and I start to hear her after and hour I went in to see her face down mad as can be. I padded her on the back and walked away....this went on until 2:00a.m. Cory gets up and shuts the monitor off so its not so loud and I am just laying in my bed looking at the ceiling praying to God that this is going to be OK and I am not a bad mom!! She finally gave up around 2!!! Just saying "GAVE-UP" sounds bad. I guess I could go into details for every day so far but I won't do that to you. This is just really hard for me and I feel like she knows and looks at me like I am horrible and I feel horrible!! Haydyn is 7 months old and has a huge lung capacity that blows me away so I am sure that doesn't seem to help. I just want her to sleep somewhat during the day,so I can have time for Austyn and get stuff done around here. As many of you know neither one of my kids have been good sleepers so I don't know where to go from here. I have said before....God gave me one of each for a reason!! HAH HAH Granite...it is getting better day by day but its been a hard week so far. Haydyn... I love you so much and this is breaking my heart and right now you don't care but some day I will read this to you and you will probably laugh, but I have to do this for the both of us. Austyn needs a mommy also and right now he is trying so hard to be a good boy, so if I can just get you to sleep one good nap during the day I could give your brother the attention he needs also.
ANY SUGGESTIONS???