Thursday, September 24, 2009

In His Steps Retreat-2009



I went on my first church retreat...In His Steps..and had such a wonderful time. I left not wanting to go due to Roxi, but realized this is how Satan stops us from doing things that honor GOD and I was needing to go. I didn't know what to expect and am not a fan of sleeping in a cabin with 6 other women in your room, but let me say I left with a whole different feeling than when I came and LOVED all my roomates!! WOW....we stayed at United Christian Youth Camp up in Prescott and it was so nice and peaceful. They had all these walk paths so you could go be alone with GOD and just sit on a rock and talk with him, do devotionals etc. We had wonderful guest speakers and our main speaker Fran Love really was right on!!!! She spoke on the book of Ruth and the lessons from the story of Ruth and Noami.
***We are not always in control of what happens to us...
***But we can make commitments that stretch our faith...
***and we can TRUST in GOD'S sovereignty
Fran also taught us a Reflective prayer and it was so peaceful and just speaking to GOD through a different way..ahhh..
Reflective prayer...
***Review your day
***Thank God for your day
***Note when you felt closest to GOD (sense of peace, joy etc) Sit with GOD
***Note where you felt farthest from GOD. Sit with GOD
***Talk with GOD about these things. Listen to him speak.
***In the spirit of grace, ask GOD for the strength to do and be what he is asking you.
I enjoyed all the guest speakers and all the alone time with GOD, and having that support system to be able to talk to someone about what you are struggling with and to have the prayer support there for you. I surrendered a lot to GOD that weekend and let me tell you IT FEELS SO GOOD!!!! I came home emotionally exhausted, but in a GOOD way and am so glad I went!!! GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!

"To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example that you should follow in His steps."
1 Peter 2:21